We are currently looking to add another Millwright to our company. We believe the strength of our company is our employees.
Our number one role for our Millwrights is being responsible for operating in a safe manner while performing related job functions. As a Millwright, you will be responsible for assisting in job planning and execution for various projects involving equipment removal, equipment installations, machine maintenance, fabrication of parts and general millwright services.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensures that company safety policies are communicated, understood, and adhered to
- Work within accordance with Nova Scotia Legislation
- Attend and provide input at Tool Box meetings and Safety Meetings
- Performs and directs all work tasks with a focus of safety first.
- Demonstrates leadership in promoting culture of safety to crew members
- Ability to work in safe manner and be willing to be an active participant in our safety program
- Provide Millwright services both in our shop and at our customer’s facilities located throughout Atlantic Canada
- Daily project planning for current jobs
- Assist in shop fabrication
- Be willing to work at heights
- Comfortable working in a construction environment
- Strong mechanical aptitude is required for this position
- Provide direction to other team members to ensure the highest quality of service is provided to customers.
- Ability to travel for work
- Other duties to be assigned as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Licensed Industrial Mechanic (Red Seal Millwright) certification required
- Welding and fabrication experience
- Familiar with processing equipment such as storage tanks, conveyors and related equipment in a manufacturing facility
- Familiar with aerial platform and lift trucks
- Confined space and fall arrest awareness
- Experience in an agricultural environment an asset
- Valid driver’s license and be insurable
- Satisfactory criminal background check
We offer a very comprehensive compensation package consisting of a competitive salary, including health and dental benefits, paid sick days, pension , boot allowance